Friday, March 28, 2014

Opening Day at the Padres

Sunday is Opening Day of the new season for Padres baseball.

For me, it is a reminder that Carleton is gone.  The only professional sports shirt I have is a Padres one.  Carleton gave it to me.  The only sports shirt I have a picture of is one in which Carleton and I are going to the game.  I know he would expect me to be there whether he could go or not.  I will be wearing his jersey.

I have hosted events with friends at the Padres and will do it again this year.  I can't wait to enjoy a game with Dora, Sue and Mary Jo.  See you at the game, Dora!

I will be heading to the game on Sunday to enjoy the Opening Day at the Padres and the East Village Association Block Party on the street next to Petco Park.  I will be there around 2pm.  I hope you will come down and enjoy the festivities.  And, if you have one of the sold out tickets, come inside and join me as we "root root root for the Padres."

And, this year, let's hope the Padres do great.  Because everyone knows that there is only "One, two, three strikes, you're out, in the ol' ball game."

No comments:

Post a Comment